These are the 9 images selected for featuing on Explore Taiwan Community.
On Multiple-photos Post. Sequence of order from left to right and top to bottom.
- Luce Memorial Chapel at Tunghai University, Taichung. (東海路思義教堂)
- Nanya Rock Formation, New Taipei City, Ruifang District. (南雅奇岩)
- Shifen Waterfall, Pingxi District, New Taipei City. (新北, 瑞芳, 十分大瀑布)
- Suspension Bridge, Jiancing Historic Trail, TaipingShan (宜蘭, 太平山, 見晴懷古步道)
- Taiwan’s Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage (台灣同婚合法化, 2017 再戰立院)
- Green Island, Taitung County, Offshore Isle. (台灣, 綠島)
- JianlongLeng Ridgeline, Ruifang District, New Taipei City (新北, 瑞芳, 劍龍稜)
- Dragon and Tiger Pagodas, Lotus Pond, Zuoying District, Kaoshiung City (高雄, 龍虎塔, 蓮池潭)
- Wugayan Bamboo Trail, Tai’an Township, Miaoli County (烏嘎彥部落, 竹林, 苗栗縣, 泰安鄉.)
🎉 Worth your follow! This week's honorable mentions: @lineva0615, @smile_albee, @jex_xing, @ulan_wu, @meimeichenn1, @shih_ming, @redbeantan, @linxmiiyu and @stephng4. Well done! . To get featured? Follow us, like, view or_comment on our posts. Hashtag #ExploreTaiwan for all your traveling photos and videos in Taiwan. Share your experiences, capturing moments or tell us a story through a journal of images and videos. Taiwan food and snacks, you are welcome to hashtag #ExploreTWfood. #ExploreTaiwan #ExploreTaichung #ExploreTaipei #ExploreYilan #ExploreMiaoli #ExploreKaohsiung #ExploreLyudao
- Designed by framed architect I. M. Pei who had recently turned 100 y.o.
- Some of his notable works have unique corners on buildings.
- The Gateway, Singapore, Louvre Museum, Paris and John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, USA
- Another location having similar rock formation is JialeShuei Scenic Area in Pingtung County, Southern Taiwan. (佳樂水風景區)
- The latter-mentioned is less touristy. A bit of eco tour and exploring.
- The coastal trail is about 1km. Anywhere beyond the creek (溪仔口) by the bay is prohibited.
- There is a small guard house with coastal police on duty.
- Scenic view waterfall for any tourists far and near.
- This is a mountainous region once a logging ground during the Japanese Era.
- Along with many other trails in TaipingShan, Jiancing a popular one.
- Terrain is almost flat on railway trail. It was originally 2.35km. A destructive typhoon in 2013 had damaged an extensive part.
- Now left with 900 m.
- More info from official website, here.
- Taiwan’s top court rules in favour of same-sex marriage
- Long decades of campaigning by Taiwan’s LGBT activists finally set to see a glimpse of everglow!
- Date of good news issued: 24th May 2017.
- Nothing had been legalized. Just to be clear no law yet to enact, legislate, debate, or having referendum.
- Window period given to legislators on the amendment: 2 years, else same-sex marriage rules by default.
- This is an offshore isle located east of Taitung County, 33 km from the coast.
- Not far on south of Green Island, 69 km away by sea-route, lies the beautiful Orchid Island.
- On return, another sea voyage of 83 km westward, a dip to down under and slowly rises to Kenting Houbihu ferry point in Pingtung county.
- That’s the southern corner of Taiwan island, not the most southern tip where that down under is.
- Total distant traveled: thirty-three plus sixty-nine plus eighty-three equal to one hundred and eighty-five kilometers. What an amazing long haul!
- All 4 ferry points in Chinese names: 富岡漁港, 綠島南寮漁港, 蘭嶼開元漁港, 後壁湖漁港.
- More info from official website in English, here.
- An adventurous hike on the topmost edge of mountain.
- Some foreign hikers named it ‘Stegosaurus’ Ridgeline because google’s search results “Jianlong” (劍龍) relating to that armored dinosaur.
- The last word Leng (稜) refers to ridge line. At times, Ling (嶺) is also used as common descriptive chinese character.
- There are in total 10 mountain ridges to hike in this region of Ruifang District and Keelung. Locally, there called it, “The Golden 10 Mountain Ridge Lines” (黃金十稜).
- Probably the most popular destination in Kaohsiung.
- Direct transport from Zuoying HSR Station.
- A replica of Tenryu-Ji Shrine’s Bamboo trail in Kyoto, Japan.
All the photos are briefly described and not meant to be detailed.
Casual writing prose and information are in bite-sized.
It aims to give readers a quick idea of the names, locations, its background, travel tips, suggestions, alternative places and the Chinese name for easy references.
To contiune next post for Instagram’s Multi-photos Post #2.